Thursday, May 28, 2015

Season/Series 3 Review

What can be said about Season/Series 3? Well the crashes were not as spectacular as prior seasons for one thing. Before we saw damage in the crashes, this season it was very mild. Which was budget issues in all fairness.


For example, Oliver looks pretty unscathed but, he was sent to The Works.

With our characters this season, some of them are starting to loose their edge. Thomas is becoming less of a jerk and more of the good guy. Percy is slowly dumbing down. Henry is suddenly a tree hugger. 

We did though get introduced to some new ones that I enjoy. Mavis, Oliver, Toad, and Bulgy. 


Mavis being a favorite.

I did enjoy the 2D animation that was thrown in this season. The bee scene with James was great. 


All and all it was a pretty good season. And I know it will be looking even better when I get pass Season 7. Season 8 is where the snark is going to go over and beyond. 

Just to note, I actually still enjoy this show.  But, I like to make fun of those things I like. I am loving looking back on these stories and remembering them. The work and the talent that went into this series is amazing. Even looking back on the original books, that took imagination. I truly appreciate the talent in took to bring this characters to life.

With that I leave you and tomorrow we'll dig into Season 4. We will meet the Narrow Gauge Engines, Stepney, and a postal postal worker. And we will also see elephants, more cows, The Queen, and The Flying Kipper return.




No comments:

Post a Comment