Monday, April 27, 2015

The End Of Season/Series 2: The Snarkies!

As I stated in The End Of Season/Series 1 write up, I would really like to do something different at the end of each season. For Season 2, I decided to hand out awards, The SNARKIES, if you will. So without further to do, Jane Slicker presents THE SNARKIES.


Best New Character

Duck
I'm so shocked!

I choose Duck for the simple reason, that he had a real rough introduction. From the bigger engines bullying him, Diesel antics, to wrecking into a barber shop. And after all this, he is just a likable guy.

Best Villain

Diesel
Meh....

Diesel gets the win for the sheer evil he is. He even has the most sinister theme music to go with it. Diesel truly is the most sneakiest snake on Sodor. 

Best Set Of Twins

Donald And Douglas

They're a little nervous that Kayne is going to show up and give The Snarky to Beyonce.

An easy win over Bill and Ben. The brotherly love these two have for each other is heartwarming.  Douglas not being able to live without his brother. And Donald, possibly sacrificing himself for scrap for his brother. These two deserve my Snarky Award.

Best Jerk

James
James likes to make an entrance

It was a tie up between James and Gordon for me. But, I decided to give it to James. Why? Well because, he seems to join in with Gordon and Henry to be a big boy. And he really grinds my gears. 

Best Non Engine Character

Bertie
Bertie, get back here and get your Snarky!

I really like Bertie. His design calls me. Maybe, I am a bus nut? 

Best Make Up

Daisy

Add the stripper music!

Daisy is the Kim Kardashian of Sodor, so of course she is getting the Snarky for best make up. She is also the winner for best swerves. 

Best Crash

Percy

Glorious! 

There were many great crashes in this season, with all the buildings built on the end of the rails. I have to give it Percy though. He crashed with grace. When hit that brake van, he had a great bounce and landing.

Best Couple

Edward & Trevor

Trevor is disappointed he didn't win any children.

The story between Edward and Trevor is touching. The friendship between them is worthy of The Snarky.

Best Crazy Thomas Face

Thomas was drinking before the show.

Yep, that one! You knew it was the winner!

Most Underused Character This Season

Henry

And he even made derp eyes for us!

We didn't really see a lot of Henry this season. If we did, he was grumping. I actually enjoy the character of Henry so, it was a little bit of a disappointment for me. 

Best Death Scene

The Spiteful Brake Van

RIP

He did have it coming though. Lesson to take from this, don't be a spiteful brake van.

And that will do it for The SNARKIES. Join Thomas The Snark Engine in snarking on Season/Series 3 next. We will see duck abuse, engines with silly scarves, dragons, tree hugging, and much more!














No comments:

Post a Comment